The OBS Executive MBA stresses the strategic, international and innovative vision of business management
The transformations occurring in the world today require a thorough analysis of new competitive scenarios and the application of new business models. The growing, complex volatility of global economies and their unquestionable interdependence colours our environment with uncertainty and ambiguity.
In this context, professionals must react quickly to change and make decisions according to the new needs of the company, and also think about creating value for stakeholders in the company.
The OBS Executive MBA stresses the strategic, international and innovative vision of business management, meaning that anyone responsible for a business, or a department thereof, must have a holistic view of the company, understanding that any strategic decision must be in line with the company’s strategy and be implemented in an innovative way.
The programme focuses on developing the skills needed to lead a business project, manage a department in a company or start up your own business, such as:
- Developing the ability to analyse and make decisions in a global environment of great uncertainty.
- Developing the management tools and skills needed for leading global companies and institutions.
- Reflecting how to improve, enhance or transform the design of organisations when faced with new global challenges.
- Providing methodological tools to manage innovative, international companies efficiently and effectively.
- Developing human talent (high performance teams).
- Networking, exchange of ideas and learning from others.
- Working as a team in multicultural environments.
- Multilateral solutions within and outside the company.
Objectives of the Executive MBA:
The general objective of the Executive MBA is to develop all the needed competencies and skills that let an individual to lead a organizational project, to be responsabile of a company area or to begin a own business.
The study plan of the Executive MBA is designed to achieve the following specific objectives:
- Providing the capacity to develop the most relevant managerial skills continuously.
- Providing an integrated, comprehensive view of general management and the role of the company in its wider environment. Knowing the global nature of business activities, differentiating responsibilities carried out by every department in the company.
- Giving participants a broad overview of the company, a view of a complex system in a constantly changing reality.
- Promoting an attitude of initiative and active management.
- Acquiring key knowledge and developing essential skills to strategically manage the business.
- Designing innovative strategies and policies that improve business management and business efficiency.
- Developing and implementing strategies for growth, adapting to the changing international business environment.
- Fostering teamwork and involving all departments of a company in the management of business projects.
- Providing participants with solid business training, stressing the latest trends and developments of business management.
- Encouraging the development and improvement of personal and managerial skills.
- Increasing the ability of managers to make decisions in an increasingly complex and more unstable environment.
- Promoting the ability to detect, analyse and solve problems, encouraging entrepreneurship by drawing up a business plan.
Participants in the Executive MBA develop the following skills and abilities
- Global strategic thinking in order to understand and integrate the company as a whole, as well as the geographical environment or sector it competes in.
- Increased ability in analysing and synthesising accurately to systematically and realistically identify the factors generating problems or opportunities, in order to make the correct decisions.
- Using new business management and decision making technologies effectively.
- Improved ability to communicate clearly and convincingly, developing presentation techniques for large audiences and everyday situations of the company.
- Ability to adapt to working in teams with people from very diverse geographical, professional, academic and cultural origins.
- Ability to achieve a high degree of organisational efficiency in the development of multidisciplinary projects carried out by people located in different environments.
- As a result of the above skills, being flexible becomes easier, in order to adapt to change.